Recipe by Larry Guevara (recreated by DrinkManila for the video recipe)

• Mixologist at Liquid Concept
  • Founder of Beverage and Bar Innovations Consultant at Gilario Guevara Bartending Training Services

This recipe is Larry’s entry for the La Maison Cointreau 2016 competition under the theme “The Muse”. Prior to mixology, his dream of becoming a chef took a 360 degrees turn after watching a French flair bartender named Nicolas Saint-Jean who won a flair bartending competition in Scarlett’s (Dubai) in 2001. NSJ (as he was fondly called) became a huge influence in Larry’s bartending career.

“He inspired me to be creative, to keep pushing the envelope, and to stand for who I am,” says Larry. “It is for this very reason that the “Aam-mazing Monsieur” cocktail was created. I wanted to incorporate my Filipino culture in the drinks that I create by using one of the Filipino staples–rice. It is also part of my advocacy to elevate the Filipino Bartending craft and to be able to put back in the map what the legendary Filipino bartenders like Ray Buhen and Mariano Licudine did for the growth of the cocktail culture back in the 1930’s.

Aam-Mazing Monsieur
Original serving from Larry Guevara

Ingredients:

• 60 ml Cointreau
  • 30 ml Botanist Gin
  • 60 ml Aam (homemade rice milk)
  • 10 ml Fresh Lemon Juice
  • 5 ml Agave Nectar
  • 3 Dashes Peychaud Bitters
  • 30 ml Fresh Egg White

Directions:

1. Boil rice and wait for the water to thicken. Scoop out the aam and let it cool.
  2. Smoke the glass with burned cherry woodchips and set aside.
  3. Pour all ingredients in a mixing tin.
  4. Dry shake.
  5. Add ice and shake well.
  6. Uncover the smoked glass. Strain mixture in the smoked glass.
  7. Garnish with dehydrated orange wheel and rice crispies (or rice on the side).

Drinkmanila.com is your learned drinking buddy who can tell you what to drink, what you’re drinking and where to drink. Learn about the coolest and the latest bars in the metro, or the newest beverage or new product out in the market, or have fun creating enjoyable drinks from our features and videos within the comfort of your homes.

Want more stuff like this?

Get the best viral stories straight into your inbox!

Sign Up For A Weekly Dose of DrinkManila

Don't worry we don't spam

Load More Related Articles
  • Flatline Shooter

In anticipation of the reboot of the 90’s movie Flatliners, we’ve decided to s…
  • Kalel Demetrio’s Recipe: Kiss From A Rose

A liquid bouquet. This pink concoction is a refreshing rose cocktail for a sunny afternoon…
  • Cheetos Valentina

This imposing shooter looks hot! We created a twist to the popular Cheetos tequila shooter…
Load More In Cocktails

10 Comments

1. crowdchirp.com

September 22, 2016 at 6:20 am

I enjoy what you guys are usually up too. This kind of clever work and coverage!
    Keep up the amazing works guys I’ve incorporated you
    guys to my personal blogroll.

2. learninggroup2216.tumblr.com

April 13, 2017 at 7:57 pm

Thanks for the report as regards to %BT%? It appears delicious to
    become a portion of it in addition, it comment on it!
    Ok, i’ll discover more information belonging to the problem in my page!

3. Brenna

May 3, 2017 at 6:59 pm

I recommend studying %BT%. In addition to I`ve also been planning on choosing my own, personal Instagram web-site things
    to know about it, you understand, just like web page. Are you able
    to assist me to?

4. Lashay

June 23, 2017 at 12:21 pm

Shopping is a giant yes to shopaholics.

5. vietnam travel

June 24, 2017 at 8:27 am

The hoot of an owl is regarded as a bad omen announcing death or illness.
    They were considered property as much as a cow or a building were.
    Modern Warfare 2 offers a classes option which can only be changed outside of an active game.

6. Juliet

July 28, 2017 at 1:41 am

My individual fitness instructor expected ourselves to share wonderful dissertation that is related to %BT%.
    I just read whatever you authored about that. Nevertheless continue to have several un-answered concerns.
    Capable to deliver assist?

7. US China Business Council

August 17, 2017 at 5:43 am

All Rights Reserved. Job prospects are plentiful.

8. site Oferta Gratis

August 17, 2017 at 2:13 pm

Eu acho que o admin deste web site é na verdade trabalhando duro
    em favor da dele web site , como aqui todas as dados
    é qualidade com base informações .

9. Lenkradfernbedienungsadapter

September 4, 2017 at 3:51 pm

Have you ever considered about including a little bit more than just your articles?

I mean, what you say is fundamental and all. But think about
    if you added some great images or video clips to give your posts more,
    “pop”! Your content is excellent but with pics and video clips, this blog could definitely be one of the very best in its
    field. Awesome blog!

10. eso gold for sale

September 8, 2017 at 2:26 am

I have been surfing online morе than tһree hours today,
    yet I nevеr found any interesting article lіke yours.
    Ӏt’spretty worth enough fоr me. In mү ѵiew, if all site owners аnd bloggers mɑde
    ցood content aѕ you did, the neet wiol be а lߋt mօre useful tһan eѵer beforе.